Even law businesses can profit from creating their own websites in this digital age. Many people depend on the Internet to search for products and services they need, and that includes legal services. If you want to get ahead of the competition and gain more clients, professional law firm SEO services will do your business good.
Don’t underestimate the power of digital marketing solutions—they’re well worth the investment. In this article, we’ll discuss some SEO strategies that will grow your legal business’s website and increase your online visibility.
Search Engine Optimization for Lawyers: The Essentials
If you have a law firm website, you want it to land on top of search engine result pages (SERPs). Businesses in the top results see greater website traffic and generate more leads and conversions. Law firm SEO experts can make that happen. Here are some strategies law firm SEO agencies use to boost your law firm’s website.
Ranking in search engines starts with identifying the right high-ranking keywords. Start by focusing on your main services. For example, let’s say your firm specializes in personal injury. You can use keywords like “personal injury law firm” or “personal injury lawyer” for your web content.
Once your web pages are optimized and the keywords are present in your titles, meta descriptions, and headings, your page will start ranking higher in search engines.
One of the best ways to attract your target audience to your website is through content marketing. Practice area pages, blog articles, and all other pages on your site should all be optimized and appropriately categorized on your website to ensure a good SEO ranking.
Content marketing for legal practices include the following:
- Creating different types of landing pages depending on what your law firm needs
- Creating topic clusters to help rank higher on Google
- Prioritizing long-form content dense with details
- Applying Google’s algorithm updates when publishing information about the legal industry
Even though you produce quality content for your website, how will search engines know that people find your content high-quality and trustworthy? It’s through backlinks.
An external website linking to your material creates a backlink, which increases traffic to your website. Your website will rank higher in SERPs the more credible backlinks it receives, which will increase the trustworthiness of your content.
High-quality backlinks are those that
- are naturally placed within the content,
- come from a website with a high domain authority,
- come from pages with fewer outgoing links, and
- have relevant anchor texts to your content.
Technical Law Firm SEO Services
Technical SEO are strategies law firm SEO companies use to ensure your website and its elements are recognizable to search engines. Optimizing all web pages is excellent for improving your overall SEO ranking.
Technical SEO means using the following elements in your website:
- Title tags
- Header tags
- Alt tags for images
- Internal and external links
- URL structure
- Site architecture
Google provides an SEO guideline to improve your technical SEO. Do prioritize site structure because it affects everything you put on your website. The greatest option for SEO is a flat structure. It ensures that your web pages are only a few links apart, making it simpler for search engines to find all of your content and web pages
Google Business Profile
Search engine optimization for attorneys should include Google Business Profile (GBP). Creating an account on GBP should be the first move if you want your law firm to have local online visibility.
Many factors can affect how your GBP account appears in search engine results. For example, prospective clients are drawn to your business when they see positive reviews. You can also use tools to make posting reviews easier for your clients and drive more potential clients to your website.
SEO for law practices is highly competitive. Relevant keywords will drive a huge amount of traffic to your website. However, location grounds most of the searches for legal inquiries and services; thus, SEO agencies for law firms should optimize for local SEO.
Local SEO is essential for legal agencies because law firms provide their service based on their geographical locations, unlike, let’s say, e-commerce businesses which can sell their products to a wider area. Local keywords see less traffic overall, but because they’re highly specific, they guarantee higher-quality leads and conversions.
Search engines also take into consideration a website’s optimization for mobile. Majority of the Internet traffic comes from mobile, so don’t waste this opportunity to create a website that works seamlessly on all platforms.
There are several ways you can ensure your legal website is optimized for mobile.
- Integrate a responsive design. This design allows your web page to adapt to any device people use to access your website.
- Create a custom URL for mobile. This will take users to a custom, mobile-friendly website so it’s easier for them to browse on their mobile devices.
- Create content for mobile. Long blog posts on legal topics are better for desktops. Content for mobile should be easy to scroll through. Think short posts, infographics, or even a short, two-minute video.
- Test your site on different devices. Before launching your website, make sure to test it on different devices to see if all elements are working properly.
Local Business Marketing Solutions: Your Trusted Law Firm SEO Agency
Now that you know how SEO can work wonders for your business, looking for the best SEO service for attorneys is your next step. No matter how great your law firm is, if your business isn’t on the Internet, you’re missing out on a lot of potential clients and huge earnings.
LBMS helps law firms in their digital marketing efforts to ensure their website drives traffic and generates leads. Our SEO marketing services include the following:
- Matching the content published on your website with the keywords that potential clients use when they do an Internet search
- Ensuring that the back-end coding of your website includes the correct headers, titles and alt tags
- Optimizing your Google Business Profile account listing and other directories on the Internet
- Improving the quality of links on your website and the backlinks directed to your site
- Building up online reviews to help create a good reputation for your business.
Our SEO services are perfect for any type of law firm—corporate, criminal defense, family, bankruptcy and tax, estate planning, and more. We also provide other digital services like designing law firm websites, multi-channel marketing, Google ads, and PPC.
Start reaching your target audience—request a strategy session with us today!